IAABC are members of the Animal Behaviour Training Council (ABTC). The regulatory body that oversee and set the industry standard for animal professionals.
- Affiliate of the ISCP and INTO Dogs
- MA approved 4th edition (BACB) course sequence in professional applied behaviour analysis (Florida Tech)
- MSc Kent University Applied Behaviour Analysis (approved BACB course sequence)
- Member & Head of UK-SBA special interest group in animal behaviour
- 10 years investment banking sales and head of business development for a FTSE listed organisation running projects & resourcing for top US investment houses, negotiating contracts and preferred supplier agreements. Selling & winning business.
- 5 Years media & advertising sales experience working for national and regional news. This was client facing and solutions were delivered via multi media platforms
- Using ABA to help children who have learning & behaviour challenges.
- Volunteering with a local health services in the mental health sector.
- Set up a successful online platform to bring high quality research, seminars, articles, courses & training to behaviour professionals & those interested in understanding the most up to date scientific methodology.
- I am passionate about the practice of ABA (applied behaviour analysis) and the lawfulness of behaviour from an applied and functional perspective
Past & Current Projects:
Dog Cognition Lab Portsmouth University: 3 month Project (April-June 2016) Pro-social behaviour for a PhD project within Dr Juliane Kaminski’s team.
Principles & Practice Graduate (IAABC): 12 weeks (Jan-April 2016), including an ABA FAID & Data project assessed by Dr Susan Friedman’s team at Utah State University. Some of the course teachers were:
- Dr. Mary Burch
- Dr. Dan Estep
- Dr. Susan Friedman
- Dr. Lore Haug
- Dr. Suzanne Hetts
- Dr. Karen Overall
- Dr. Chris Pachel
- Dr Ken Ramirez
- Kathy Sdao
- Dr. Sheila D’Arpino
- Dr. Evon Hekkala
- Dr. Jessica Hekman
- Dr. Elinor Karlsson
- Dr. Rise VanFleet
- AIDS Vaccine Research: Using Bacillus Subtilis as a cloning vector Royal Holloway University Of London (RHUL) 2000 Dr Cutting’s laboratory- microbiology
- Giardia Lamblia Protein sequence analysis: Using molecular cloning techniques to show inheritance of a vestigial mitochondrion which has implications in its phylogenetic order (university of London) 2005
- Proctor & Gamble– Microbiology Researcher, Cosmetics 2002 (3 month contract)
Other Courses & Certificates
Principles & Practice Certificate- Assessed & Graduated (April 2016):
- Functional Analysis & Intervention Design
- Marker Training
- Case Studies
- Desensitization & Counter Conditioning
- Program Management
- Behavioural Medicine
- LIMA practices
- Business Promotion & Social Media Strategies
- Interpreting Scientific Studies
- The Human Side Of The Equation
- Fostering & Enrichment
- Animal Welfare Science
- Compassion Fatigue
- Learning science
- ABC’s Of ABC & ABA
- Observation Study– Socialisation of wolf dogs. 3 year study of dog-dog socialisation, interaction and behaviour in an enclosure.
- Living & Learning With Animals: Using ABA to change behaviour by looking at motivations, functions & consequences (2 days) 2012 Dr Susan Friedman
- BAT Instructors Course (5 days) 2014 Grisha Stewart
- Clicker & Target Instructor Course: Level 1 & 2 IABTC 2012
- Safeguarding Policies & Reporting Procedures
- Assertiveness Training
- Effective Feedback & Communication
- Moving & Handling
- Autistic & Spectrum Disorders
- First Aid for dogs 2012
- Dog Law 2012
- Scent detection training level 2
- Heel work to music
- Gundog training & Trialling
- Duke University: Dog Emotion and Cognition Grade Achieved: 93.8% 2016 10-15 hours of lectures and assessments Brian Hare
- Medical neuroscience (Duke University) 2013
- Perception Neuroscience Project- (Duke) 2014
- Wild Animal Behaviour (University Of Melbourne) 2014
- University Of Minnesota Behaviour & Genetics (MOOC) Matt McGue 2015
- Autism & ASD
Post Degree memberships:
- British Neuroscience association (BNA)
- Federation of European Neuroscience Associations (FENS)
- International Brain Research Organisation (IBRO)
- Society for Neuroscience (SfN)
- Society of Biology
- UK-SBA (society for behaviour analysis)
Lectures & Seminars Attended:
- Nicole Wilde – Separation Anxiety 2 day seminar
- Michael Shikashio- Aggression handling & management techniques (IAABC)
- 03/10/15 Mark Solms, Ph.D. University Of Cape Town, lecture: Consciousness and the unconscious
- 07/03/15 Panksepp & Solms, Ph.D. Arnold Pfeffer Centre For Neuropsychoanalysis Symposium: A neuropsychoanalytic perspective on drives, instincts, and affects.
- 11/04/15 Daniela Schiller, Ph.D. Neuro Psychoanalytical Society Symposium: Forgetting fear.
- 27/05/15 Jaak Panksepp, Ph.D. Arnold Pfeffer Centre: Human brain evolution, preclinical modelling of the mind and the search for new antidepressants.
- 07/03/15 Mark Solms, Ph.D. Arnold Pfeffer Centre, lecture: A neuropsychoanalytic perspective on drives, instincts, and affects.
- 10/11/15 Carol A. Tamminga, M.D. University Of Texas, lecture: Psychosis as a learning and memory disorder.
- 19/09/15 Nora D. Volkow, M.D. National Institute Of Health, lecture: Addiction as a brain disease.
- 14/07/15 Edward A. Selby, Ph.D. Rutgers University lecture, lecture: Emotional cascades & understanding the chaos and complexity of borderline personality disorder.
- 12/05/15 Lisa M. Monteggia, Ph.D. University Of Texas, lecture: Mechanisms of antidepressant effects.
- 03/03/15 Matthew W. State, M.D. Ph.D. University Of California, lecture: Autism & Genes.
- 09/11/14 IAABC Dr Susan Friedman P.h.D. IAABC, lecture: Reducing Behaviour with reinforcement. (IAABC CEU CODE HXTNH).
- 15/12/14 UCL BNA Neuropharmacology symposium: Professor John Aggleton, President-Elect of the BNA, University of Cardiff, Professor Sophie Scott, University College London, Dr Sarah King, University of Sussex, Dr Ben Sessa, University of Cardiff Psychedelic Drugs, Dr Sridhar Vasudevan, University of Oxford, Professor Trevor Robbins, University of Cambridge, Winner of the Brain Prize, 2014
- 06/12/14 Rachel Marsh, Ph.D. Columbia University Medical Center, lecture: Control & reward circuits in disorders of self regulation.
- 30/01/14 UCL Professor Essi Viding, lecture: Psychology and Language Sciences. Although early behavioural problems are relatively common, not all problems develop for the same reason. Review of behavioural problems in early life, in terms of genetics, brain function and development, and why some are at increased risk of developing problems when they grow up.
- 22/10/14 UCL Professor Nilli Lavie, lecture: Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience psychology and brain research of attention and its effects.
- 30/11/14 Jaak Panksepp Neuropsychoanalysis, lecture: Seeking, reward, play and emotional processing
- 08/04/14 Bruce S. McEwen, Ph.D. Rockefeller University, lecture: Brain Plasticity, what it is and why is it important.
- 11/11/14 Ronald S. Duman, Ph.D. Yale University, lecture: Neurobiology of stress, depression & antidepressants: Remodeling synaptic connections.
- 09/09/14 B.J. Casey, Ph.D. Weill Cornell Medical College, lecture: Early-life stress and its long lasting impact on brain circuitry and behaviour.
- 10/06/14 Cameron S. Carter, M.D. University of California, lecture: Brain networks in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: Targets for novel therapies.
- 13/05/14 John L.R. Rubenstein, M.D., Ph.D. Child Psychiatry Professor, lecture: Understanding brain development as a foundation for understanding brain diseases.
- Woof European Training & Behaviour Conference: Thinking outside the crate 2013 Chirag Patel
- 09/07/13 Dennis S. Charney, M.D. Icahn School Of Medicine, lecture: Resilience, the science of mastering lifes greatest challenges.
- 08/10/13 Francis Lee, MD, Ph.D. Weill Cornell Medical College, Psychiatry Dept, lecture: Fear learning and memory across adolescent development.
- 10/12/13 Jaak Panksepp, Ph.D. Washington State University (Mt Sinai), lecture: Understanding the brain circuits as a foundation for accelerating human neuroscience.
- 10/12/13 Mark Solms, Ph.D. University Of Cape Town (Mt Sinai), lecture: Psychoanalytic perspective on depression and the panic-shutdown hypothesis.
- 09/04/13 B J Casey, Ph.D. Weill Cornell Medical College, lecture: Adolescence, what do transmission, transition and translation have to do with neuropsychoanalysis.
- 04/04/13 Uri Hasson, Ph.D. Psychology Dept & The Neuroscience Institute, Princeton University: Face to face, brain to brain, exploring the mechanisms of dyadic social interactions.
- 15/11/12 Jaak Panksepp, Ph.D. Dept VCAPP College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University Pullman, WA, lecture: Conscious Id revisited. Based on the view that consciousness depends on brain stem nuclei and they are involved in the primary emotional processes that we associate with the Id. An argument between him and Solms et al, on the evidence.
- 02/11/12 Rodolfo Llinas, Ph.D. Department of Physiology and Neuroscience NYU, lecture: Self and self awareness, how sensory inputs contribute to perceptual unity and the mechanism which allow these components to be gathered into one global image. Discussion by Maggie Zellner Ph.D.
Want to learn more about applied behaviour analysis?
We have just launched our first accredited applied behaviour analysis practitioner (level 1) course. This is an online, exam assessed course covering the core principles of applied behaviour analysis. It is accredited by the AABP and meets the core sequence requirements for certification as a behaviour professional. You will be an ABAP-1 on successful completion of this course sequence and will gain your certificate and your accredited logo:
This course is usually 300 (UK Sterling) & for a limited time only we are offering it for just 99 (please use the following code to get your discount INTRO-ABAP). To find out more & to sign up, please go to:
Further Courses, all of our courses are certificated and gain you CEU's
- Webinar: ABA & Functional Analysis To Treat Target Behaviour
- Webinar: How To Increase Revenue, Sell Your Brand, Market, PR & Run Client Consultations In Your Animal Related Business
- 7 Day Recall Survival Guide (owner/enthusiast/professional)
- 7 Day Puppy Survival Guide (owner/enthusiast/professional)
- 7 Day Separation Anxiety Survival Guide (owner/enthusiast/professional)
- 7 Day Retrieve Survival Guide (owner/enthusiast/professional)
- Recall Instructor Course
- Heel Work Instructor Course
- Puppy Training Classes Instructor Course
- Introduction To the Science Of Behaviour (Beginners) Seminar
- Introduction To the Neuroscience of Behaviour On-line Seminar (Degree level)
- Essential Training Resource Guide
Some Of Our Other Articles
- Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour Treatment, Prognosis, Management & Prevention
- ASD Genetic & Epigenetic Review
- How To Tackle Common Behaviour Problems
- Why Letting Him Cry It Out Can Cause Permanent Damage
- Neuroscience Of Lip Licking
- Why Do Dogs Yawn The Neuroscience Of Empathy
- The Science Behind Punishment & Why It Does Not Increase His Repertoire
- Neural Mechanisms Of Resilience & Its Role In Dog Training
- Evolution Domestication & Cognition- The Biology Of Dogs
- Attachment, Development and Emotion- A Neurobiological Perspective
- Somatosensory Development, The Psychobiological Substrates Of Attachment & Learning In The Critical Period.
- How To Increase Sales, Revenue, Marketing, Network & Raise Your Animal Business Brand
- Dogs Do Not View Us As Part Of Their Pack
- Dog Play, What To Watch Out For And When To Intervene
- Changing Behaviour From A Neurobiological Perspective
- Attention, Perception and Emotion; it’s implication for behaviour modification protocols
- The Neuroscience of puppy development. Start before you get him home
- How To Increase Sales, Revenue, Marketing, Network & Raise Your Animal Business Brand
To sign up to our newsletter through Facebook click here: Simply Behaviours Facebook Page
Some Of The Posters (from the Essential Training Resource Guide) that can be purchased and displayed in vets, rescues, training halls, shops, used for presentations to help educate & raise awareness.
Childrens dog body language colouring book & word finder is free with the poster pack (it can be purchased separately, please email for more information)